Thank you to Leah from Life as a Homeschooled Teen for nominating me for the Sunshine Award! It took me a while to get around to doing this but I’ve had quite a busy week!
- Thank & link the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions asked by them.
- Nominate 11 bloggers.
- Give your nominees 11 new questions to answer.
- If you could do anything right now, what would you be doing?
I would be hiking into the Grand Canyon! I went to Arizona with my family last year and that’s one thing I really want to do someday.
- If you could be any animal, what animal would you be?
I would definitely be a horse. I’m already half horse, so it wouldn’t be so big a stretch. ;)
- What do you like most about blogging?
I love that, by blogging, I’m always learning something new about myself and pushing myself to be the best version of myself that I can be. It lets me see myself as others probably see me, and I think it’s really interesting.
- What is your favorite quote?
“In riding a horse, we borrow freedom.” -Unknown
- What is your favorite day of the year?
I don’t really have a favourite day of the year, but if I had to choose, it would probably be October 5. :)
- What is one book that you would recommend to others?
I really liked the Divergent series. I know that’s not one book, but I haven’t read much besides series recently!
- Coffee or Tea?
Neither one. Caffeine and I are not a good mix.
- If you could only travel by sea or by air, which would you pick?
Hmmm, that’s a tough one. I guess I would have to choose air. There’s something surprisingly fun about flying. (Even though I, yes, was the one who refused to get on an airplane until last year when I finally did).
- What type of music do you listen to the most?
Mostly pop, but I listen to a little bit of everything.
- Do you have any hidden talents?
I learn surprisingly fast. Oh, and I’m really good at math, especially calculus.
- Do you have any plans for the summer?
I have a few things planned. ;) I’m going on my usual weekend August trip, and in June I’m hoping to go to the USA.
- The Shameful Sheep
- Charlii and Meg
- The World According to an Introvert
- Mixolydian Musings
I don’t know who else to nominate who hasn’t already been nominated, so if you want to be nominated, comment and I’ll add you, or just go ahead and do it. :) And if you don’t want to do it, that’s okay too.
My Questions for you:
- If you were to learn a new language, which one would you choose?
- What’s your favourite dessert?
- Computer or laptop?
- Where is your “happy place”?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What was the last movie you watched? Did you like it?
- Describe your dream vacation in one sentence.
- What are your plans for the summer?
- What is your favourite colour?
- What is something really stupid that you’ve done in your life?
- What is something that not many people know about you?
Good luck and have fun! :)
I was nominated for the Miranda Sings Award by Internet Introvert. I encourage you to check out her interesting blog! This award was created by xclausiasthoughtsx to encourage people to think about their strong points, the things they like about themselves. Too often we look at our flaws, but we should also remember to reflect on our good qualities.
Due to the nature of my blog, however, I am going to twist this award for my purposes, and I am going to do this for both myself and for Destiny (because, hey, she’s the second half of the focus of Country Unlimited, and she needs some love too!).
- Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List 7 things you love about yourself (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation. (I.e. Don’t say things like – I’m prettier than an average person or People have told me I’m smart. You ARE pretty. You ARE smart.)
7 Things I Love About Myself:
- I learn new things quickly.
- I’m always ready for a new adventure!
- I love the colour of my hair and how long it is.
- Because I was homeschooled, I took some pretty extensive courses in writing and math, so I’m really good at both. I did really well in university last year because my writing skills enabled me to excel in German, and math helped me in calculus and physics.
- I’m crazy and I know it. A lot of people like me because of it (and because of my equally crazy sense of humour). xD
- I always give everything my 100%. That doesn’t mean I’m overly competitive or have to be better than everybody else (I’m content being decent/average at things), but I never do things halfway.
- I try to be friendly and respectful towards all people, even when they aren’t doing the same.
7 Things I Love About Destiny
- She is the most respectful horse I’ve ever met. As my mom said one day, “If only all horses were as good as she is. You just stand next to her and she’s like ‘Oh, you want to go in?’ and moves.”
- She has a wild, crazy, hyper side (so it’s not unusual to get good videos of her running around like a maniac), but she can also be a docile, trustworthy, calm trail riding horse.
- Even though she can be spooky, she’s a lot less so than you would expect an Arabian to be. After an initial fright, she’ll get bolder and walk right up to whatever it was that scared her.
- She acts like a dog sometimes. If I hold out my hand and baby talk to her, she comes to me with such a happy, puppy-like expression. It’s adorable!
- If she’s scared of something, but I ask her to go near/through it, she does. She’s very loyal and trusting.
- She’s very tolerant of all the crazy things I subject her to. xD Which include sleds, me standing up on her back, hanging halfway out of the saddle to reach to set my phone on the seat of the four wheeler, and a lotttt more!
- Her ears are so fluffy and cute. :3
I don’t usually do things like this, but I know of a few people (in real life, mostly) who I think would benefit from doing this. And then I realized, everyone could benefit from doing this! So, I am also not going to nominate specific people. If you see this and feel like participating (or even if you don’t), then I nominate YOU and I encourage you to do this. It wasn’t easy (well, the part about Destiny was, haha <3), but I’m glad I did—and you will be too. :)