My friend Allison and I have made these muffins a few times and we always agree that they are absolutely delicious! We use regular muffin liners, but if you use bigger ones, you may need to cook them longer. I usually add an extra 5 minutes or so to the baking time if I use larger liners, then test with a toothpick and bake for longer if I need to. This recipe is adapted from xoxoBella’s recipe located here.
Raspberry White Chocolate Muffins
3 cups all purpose flour
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla (overflowing)
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
2 cups raspberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, white sugar, and brown sugar. Then mix in buttermilk, vegetable oil, and vanilla. (I substitute milk and pure white vinegar for the buttermilk — put about a tablespoon of vinegar in the bottom of a 1-cup measuring cup and then fill the rest of the cup to the top with regular milk. Let sit for about 2 minutes.)
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix.
- Fold in white chocolate chips.
- Fold in the raspberries, being careful not to break them up too much.
- Line muffin tin with muffin liners and pour muffin batter into them, filling them up about 2/3 of the way full.
- Sprinkle streusel on top and gently pat down with a fork.
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until tops begin to lightly golden. Do not overcook. Test by inserting a toothpick into a couple of random muffins.
It makes about 24 muffins if you use regular muffin liners. I make a streusel topping as well. The recipe below is the full streusel recipe, but I usually find I only need about half of it for a single batch of muffins.
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 tsp salt
Melt butter in microwave or over stove, then stir ingredients together with a fork in a small bowl. Stir until evenly distributed.
If you have any questions about the recipe, comment below. I hope you love these muffins as much as I do! :)