Hey guys! I’ve been trying to survive the heat for the last few days. I may live in Canada, but hot is still hot. This reminds me of a time 2 years ago when we had a “level 1” heat warning and we were all excited about it. We still have no idea what that means. xD Well, no heat warning today, but it sure is hot!
I’ve been spending a lot of time on my laptop lately. Now that I have my pinterest back, I’ve been on a hunt for the best fudge recipes I can find. Time to try some of those out! I’ve also been working on reducing my list of “songs to get” (another of the 21 Things I Want to Do Before I Turn 21), which I have been adding to for the last 6 or so years. I don’t even remember half of the songs, and many of them I don’t care about anymore. I’ve been cleaning up that list, keeping only the songs I really want. It’s a long process though…a lot of songs have made their way onto that list over the years! That means even more time spent on the computer, searching for various songs on YouTube so I can decide whether I still want to get them. So this topic seemed fitting! I actually compiled this list years ago, but I made a few recent additions as well.
You know you spend a lot of time on your computer when:
- You yell “LOL” when something funny happens.
- You can type 120 wpm with two fingers.
- You sometimes speak in text speak, to the point where normal people can’t understand you.
- You refer to “clicking” the timer button on the oven.
- You have intelligent discussions over whether the plural of mouse is mouses or mice.
- You know the answer to every problem is “turn it off, wait 5 minutes, turn it back on.”
- You know the difference between the processor and RAM and the function of each.
- You’ve said “Internet” so many times that now it comes out as “innernet” whether you want it to or not.
- Your worst nightmare is forgetting your password. But it happens all the time. “Which of my 15 variations of password did I use for my email? Is it the same as facebook? Or maybe I needed to use uppercase letters in it…?”
- When you can’t think of the answer, you yell, “Google it!”
- You’re always telling your family what crazy thing your friend who you’ve never actually met said today.
- You see something underlined on a sheet of paper and poke it with your finger to see what will come up.
- You try to zoom in on a piece of paper.
- You don’t understand how your grandmother doesn’t know where the Enter key is–or that some people don’t even know what it is.
- You laugh when people call your monitor a computer.
- Your computer isn’t just a computer. It’s the weather, your calculator, your recipes, your pictures, a way of writing notes where you’ll remember to check them, a method of communication, etc.
- If you don’t know how to do something, you know that the Internet will have the answer.
- You speak to it as if it’s a living thing. “Why would you just randomly close that page!? I was looking at that!!!”
Do you do anything on this list? Are you addicted to your computer? Would you add anything to this list? Let me know in the comments! :)