I was nominated for the Miranda Sings Award by Internet Introvert. I encourage you to check out her interesting blog! This award was created by xclausiasthoughtsx to encourage people to think about their strong points, the things they like about themselves. Too often we look at our flaws, but we should also remember to reflect on our good qualities.
Due to the nature of my blog, however, I am going to twist this award for my purposes, and I am going to do this for both myself and for Destiny (because, hey, she’s the second half of the focus of Country Unlimited, and she needs some love too!).
- Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Include the featured image on your blog post.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (or as many as you can think of) and link your awardees in the post.
- List 7 things you love about yourself (This can be about your appearance, your personality, your achievements, etc.)
- Don’t use negative connotation. (I.e. Don’t say things like – I’m prettier than an average person or People have told me I’m smart. You ARE pretty. You ARE smart.)
7 Things I Love About Myself:
- I learn new things quickly.
- I’m always ready for a new adventure!
- I love the colour of my hair and how long it is.
- Because I was homeschooled, I took some pretty extensive courses in writing and math, so I’m really good at both. I did really well in university last year because my writing skills enabled me to excel in German, and math helped me in calculus and physics.
- I’m crazy and I know it. A lot of people like me because of it (and because of my equally crazy sense of humour). xD
- I always give everything my 100%. That doesn’t mean I’m overly competitive or have to be better than everybody else (I’m content being decent/average at things), but I never do things halfway.
- I try to be friendly and respectful towards all people, even when they aren’t doing the same.
7 Things I Love About Destiny
- She is the most respectful horse I’ve ever met. As my mom said one day, “If only all horses were as good as she is. You just stand next to her and she’s like ‘Oh, you want to go in?’ and moves.”
- She has a wild, crazy, hyper side (so it’s not unusual to get good videos of her running around like a maniac), but she can also be a docile, trustworthy, calm trail riding horse.
- Even though she can be spooky, she’s a lot less so than you would expect an Arabian to be. After an initial fright, she’ll get bolder and walk right up to whatever it was that scared her.
- She acts like a dog sometimes. If I hold out my hand and baby talk to her, she comes to me with such a happy, puppy-like expression. It’s adorable!
- If she’s scared of something, but I ask her to go near/through it, she does. She’s very loyal and trusting.
- She’s very tolerant of all the crazy things I subject her to. xD Which include sleds, me standing up on her back, hanging halfway out of the saddle to reach to set my phone on the seat of the four wheeler, and a lotttt more!
- Her ears are so fluffy and cute. :3
I don’t usually do things like this, but I know of a few people (in real life, mostly) who I think would benefit from doing this. And then I realized, everyone could benefit from doing this! So, I am also not going to nominate specific people. If you see this and feel like participating (or even if you don’t), then I nominate YOU and I encourage you to do this. It wasn’t easy (well, the part about Destiny was, haha <3), but I’m glad I did—and you will be too. :)